When you are considering a daycare center, try to spend some time talking to the parents with children put in that center and observing the center closely.
Ask the following questions which are related to child care in Sacramento:
- Is there an open-door policy for parents to visit the center at any time?
- On what holidays is the facility closed?
- What kind of qualification and training do the teachers and other staff have?
As you evaluate the answers to these questions, consider carefully how the philosophy of parenting, and discipline of children relate to your perspective on how your child should be cared for and guided each day.
Lastly, do you personally feel that the person or the program is trustworthy? Do you trust that your son or daughter will be safe and happy and have the opportunity to mingle, learn and grow well in this kind of environment?
If none of the centers fulfill your expectations, don't ever settle for the best of the worst. Instead, based on your needs, continue your search and consider asking for recommendations from neighboring parents and coworkers.
Signs of a good childcare facility
- Children are engaged in various activities throughout the day.
- They spend most of the time working and playing with materials or with other children.
- The classroom is decorated with the original artwork and projects of children.
- Children look forward to coming to the facility every day.
After all your interviewing, research and observation, you have to reassure yourself that enrolling your child in the care of a specific childcare center is what works right for you and your family.