Many foreign countries require a travel visa in addition to a passport. You can apply for a visa at the nearest consulate of each country where you plan to travel. At a minimum, the person will need a valid passport to get a visa.
When the visa is granted, the passport will be stamped indicate visas issued and visa expiration date. Many countries require at least six months validity passport before issuing a visa. Some people believe that the country does not need a visa for neighboring countries. If you are planning to visit Australia then you definitely need Australian permit.
Here are some steps to get a travel visa
(1) Contact the consulate of the country you plan to visit for necessities and VISA procedures.
(2) Ask if they require a tourist visa to travel to this country.
(3) Request an application by mail, if a visa is required.
(4) Get all the necessary documents and instructions for completing the form.
Image Source: Google
(5) Complete the application as soon as you get it. Stating estimate the length and nature of your visit where necessary.
(6) Keep a copy of your application for your records.
(7) Attach any necessary expenses and photograph, and submit the original application to the consulate. Be sure to send it early, because the process can take several weeks.
(8) Make an appointment for an interview, if an interview is required.
(9) Once you have your interview scheduled, you should arrive on time. If you do not arrive on time you could lose your appointment and your application fee. Be sure to take your personal documents with you to the interview such as passports, bank statements, and other documents required.
(10) Keep your travel visa in your passport when you arrive.