Getting Help With Your Taxes

Preparing your taxes can be incredibly stressful. In many cases, it just makes sense to get some help with them. When it comes time to file taxes, you can look into software or a real live person.

In this article, we will focus on the living, namely, a tax professional. You may be surprised to learn there are different kinds of help out there. You can also check out here to get more information about the tax agents.

Tax preparer

Generally, tax preparers have the least amount of experience when it comes to filing taxes. Tax preparers are individuals who are trained to work or take talent from time to time. Examples of preparing the collection will be the people who worked at H & R Block.

Image Source: Google

The advantage of using a tax preparer is they are very cheap. Just keep in mind that you get what you pay for.

Enrolled Agents

The IRS actually gave individual licenses if they pass scrutiny by the agency. Unlike tax preparers, enrolled agents can represent you in an audit.

Registered agent is a step up from tax preparers, but the quality of work and knowledge vary from agent to agent. Some can be very good because they have an interest in the work and stay on top of changes.


Certified Public Accountant goes through hell to get their license. Get a license as a CPA requires significant study and the licensing test is absolutely brutal. If you have a financial situation that is unique or complex, you want to use a CPA to do your taxes.