Pinot Gris and Pinot Grigio are known to have the same names which mean ‘Grey’. Pinot Gris comes from France while Pinot Grigio comes from Italy however, both are slightly different from one another when it comes to taste. But these 2 wines are also known to go fantastically well with a few dishes. Let’s focus on some of the dishes.
- Halibut that is Pan Fried with Green Sauce – This dish goes absolutely well with Pinot Gris. This is because of the rich flavor of the fish along with creamy green sauce makes it worth having with this wine.
- Chicken Lasagna with White Cheese –Pinot Grigio from Italy is known to go well with this dish. If you cannot get hold of white cheese, you can also add spinach, garlic, parsley or basil.
- Spaghetti Carbonara – Adding a splash of either pinot gris or pinot grigio is bound to make your breakfast absolutely wonderful. Try it and you won’t regret it later.
- Smoked Salmon with Pasta – Smoked salmon with pasta is going to go well with Pinot Gris. Moreover, if you don’t like pasta then you can add Romano cheese or even mushroom that makes the dish flavorful.
- Lemon chicken Picaata – Although this dish is Italian however, it goes fantastically well with the French version of Pinot Gris.
- Grilled Halibut with Cilantro Garlic Butter –Pinot gris goes well with this dish. It’s the way the fish is cooked and then served with garlic butter. Another great wine to enjoy this dish is with Sauvignon Blanc.
Consider visiting swan valley wine tours to learn more on the dishes that go well with these 2 wines.